We are here for your pet care needs! We are thankful to you, our clients, for your support and patience during this challenging time. Our COVID policy is in place to ensure the safety or our clients and of our staff.
Please do not come into the hospital if you have a fever, respiratory symptoms, or have had known exposure to COVID-19. Call us for recommendation on how best to care for your pet in this circumstance.
You may choose:
- Curbside service and remain in your car, or
- Accompany your pet into the hospital, or
- Telemedicine (appointments by phone)
Please follow these rules for appointments:
- To respect social distancing recommendations, please call us from your car when you arrive for an appointment (970-305-5522). Please do not come to the door until directed to do so, as we are limiting access to only one client in the lobby at a time.
- We will admit ONE person into the hospital to accompany a pet for an appointment.
- You must be wearing a full cloth or medical fitted face mask (bandanas or neckerchiefs are not appropriate).
- You will be welcomed into one of our exam rooms and we will examine your pet in our treatment area, away from you. This is necessary because our exam rooms are too small for two or more people to maintain a six-foot distance.
- After examining your pet, Dr. McCarthy will speak with you from outside the exam room door, to maintain a safe distance.
- We will gladly accommodate clients who desire curbside service. Simply call us when you arrive for your appointment (970-305-5522).
- Our staff will greet you at your car, get information about your pet and bring your pet into the hospital for the exam.
- McCarthy will step out to the car to discuss her exam findings and recommendations, or call you from inside the clinic (depending on weather conditions).
- For Telemedicine appointments, simply call our office and our receptionist, Amber, will get your appointment set.
Thank you for your understanding and adherence to our policies. Rest assured that we have only your health and our health in mind.
Please know that we maintain strict decontamination protocols, including complete cleaning of our lobby desk and door surfaces, and in exam rooms, between every client who goes in or out. This takes time and we appreciate your patience.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding. Stay safe!
Midtown Veterinary Medical Center Team